Thursday, August 13, 2009

touch & go

I can confirm, I pulled up last week with a return of the nasty, beastly ITBS injury on my left side. Not even my rockstar chiropractor has been able to release the joint completely. A single ray of hope shone upon my weakened limb today as new orthotics arrived. They're much harsher in the support area than the old ones, I'm wearing them now for the 5th hour (they recommend 2 hours for the 1st day) and my arches are saying, "really dude? We need that much help?" I've called upon Tom "Wildman" Wilder as a potential sub. He's registered as an alternate, changed his weekend plans and is on the next flight from (where's he from). In all seriousness, this is a tough call for me, I had such a blast last year and cardio-wise I'm in better shape. I'll see the chiro one last time tomorrow before the weekend and see what he thinks. If I can run without further injury to the band but with some pain (because the damn thing takes FOREVER to heal), then I'll give it a go. If not, I'll alert the presses.


Dinner is still on for those making the trek to S.Burlington tomorrow night, either way.

No comments: